Friday, January 2, 2015

Genealogy To-Over -- Know Your Facts

January 2, 2015 Genealogy To-Over

As many of you know, GeneaBlogger Thomas MacEntee announced Genealogy Do-Over

http://www.geneabloggers.com/announcing-genealogy-doover/

Genealogy Do-Over Topics

Week 1 – 2-8 January 2015
Setting Previous Research Aside
Preparing to Research
Establishing Base Practices and Guidelines

This video is a part of the program for the week, specifically Establishing Base Practices and Guidelines. What I hope to share in this video is how I use Evernote and FTM2014 for one specific set of records. I have been trying to determine who many people in my file served in the military. I HAD and recorded that records, but I did not know WHAT I wanted to be able to answer some questions:

Who served in what War
What Branch of the Service
Which side were you on in the Civil War
What was your Rank

The records have be the information but not a good way to answer any of the above questions. Now I can. I'll share how I use Evernote to support what I do in Family Tree Maker.




_______________________________________________________________
Copyright © 2015 by H R Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly